Dear Readers

Thank you to those who take time to comment, we love reading and replying!
♥M & A



Pages

Friday 28 May 2010

A couple of treats


I can't wear nail polish at work or even have long nails which means I never really buy nail polish but after seeing Terri's haul from Topshop I had to satisfy my curiosity and check out their new range. I loved the Big Smoke nail polish and thought it was the nicest colour so treated myself to that and a blush in Flush.
Apologises for the poor picture (taken with my phone) but hopefully you can see how lovely the colour is. I described it to someone as dirty paint water but I guess it doesn't make it sound to appealing! Here I applied about 3 coats plus a top coat to get a solid colour. The polish is described as long-wearing and for the 4 days I had it on my nails it didn't chip though there was slight wear at the tips. Would I buy it again, probably but at £5 a bottle I expect a bit more than 8ml especially if I have to apply more than 2 coats!

I don't have a swatch of the blush but I'll rectify that once I get a battery for my camera but as you can see the packaging is really cute and there's a handy mirror for touch ups. It goes on quite easily and blends well and because you have to really squish down with your finger to pick up lots of product you're less likely to overdo it and look like a clown. I think the colour is quite a pinky magenta if that even makes sense and reminds me of a Bobbi Brown blush in Peony.

1 comment:

  1. your nails are really nice! i'd love to try this nail polish colour!

    ReplyDelete